To assist in this mission, the Library Media Specialist:
- provides instruction in informational literacy.
- provides intellectual and physical access to informational materials in a
variety of formats and media.
- stimulates interest in reading and in finding and using information and
concepts to develop critical thinking.
- works with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the
information needs of students and to augment teaching.
- promotes responsible citizenship by helping students develop positive
habits and attitudes.